Who doesn’t love winding down in front of the TV at the end of a long day? A TV is the focal point of the living room, so it is important to carefully consider the stand you select to display it. This is the area where you will gather friends and family around after all, so you want to ensure it looks its best!
Here’s our guide to choosing a TV stand which compliments your TV perfectly!
1. SizeIt goes without saying, you want your TV stand to allow you to watch television comfortably. The size of the stand will play a big part in this.
Your TV size is another important measurement. Yes, it may sound obvious but did you know you are meant to add 20% onto the width of your TV when getting your TV Stand? This is important to prevent overhang which is both unattractive and hazardous.
Although most TV’s come with a supportive base they will still be prone to toppling over if the tv stand width is too small. If you are looking for a large TV stand you cannot go wrong with our Camborne TV unit, which is a whopping 150cm in width and perfect for a widescreen TV. Gamers and TV buffs alike will not find better than this extraordinary entertainment unit!
2. ShapeGot an irregular or small room? Fear not, as we have the TV stand for you!
The Wexford corner TV stand is the unsung hero of the furniture world! By comfortable slipping into the corner of the room, it acts as the backbone for the living room. Holding the TV in prime position whilst not taking up much room. Currently, this oak corner TV stand is on offer! So act fast to grab yourself a bargain guaranteed to add trendy convenience to your room.
3. StyleLike most forms of furniture, there is a wide range of styles available, which are all done to personal preference and taste.
If you like to ensure your living room is on trend and stylish, we recommended a display with a sleek and modern design like the Toulouse TV stand. This contemporary TV stand is a sure-fire way to breathe life into any interior with it’s ebonised black oak for a cool yet refined look. If opting for a statement stand, it is wise to keep the rest of the furniture in a matching fashion.
4. StorageNo one wants to be distracted from their TV viewing by the chaos of clutter! In order to relax you will need a sense of calm in your living room, which a tv table stand with storage can help immensely.
Whether you are a self-confessed neat freak, a gadget lover, or just someone who has a high demand for storage - the Tuscany TV stand could be the answer to your home improvement dreams! This impressive unit has an incredible amount of storage, in both its front-facing cupboards and shelving area! Perfect for hiding unsightly DVDs, gaming accessories and other common purveyors of mess!
5. MaterialIn the search for your ideal TV unit, you should consider the material it is made out of. A TV stand’s job is to be strong and sturdy, whilst also aesthetically pleasing and functional.
We recommend our Woburn oak TV stand due to its moderate weight which remains secure - perfect for when children and pets are running around! A wooden Westbury TV stand not only looks traditional, but it also gives you that much-needed peace of mind that your TV will be safe upon it. One thing is for certain, you cannot go wrong with wooden TV stands!
Armed with these hints and tricks, as well as your own personal taste, take a look at NCF’s collection of TV stands. You never know what you may find!