Modern Slavery Statement
NCF LIVING: Modern Slavery Statement
Throughout the year, the company has continued to benefit from close, well established and stable trading relationships with our suppliers in our furniture product offering. We source all of our stock from a number of well-established and highly regarded suppliers, from the Far-East, Europe and the UK.
Around half of our goods are manufactured in the UK and around half in the Far-East, a small portion are manufactured in Europe. The company risk assesses its supply chain by:
- Assessing the risk profile of individual countries based on the Global Slavery Index, together with the inherent profile risk associated with the manufacturing of the goods in that territory.
- Analysing the insights and expertise of specialist third parties.
- The company maintains stable and long standing working relationships with its suppliers based in the Far-East. The manufacturing of all goods in the Far-East are completed in modern purpose-built factories. Given the size and nature of the goods, the level of risk to modern slavery is considerably lower when compared to other types of manufacturing activities in the region, for example fashion retailing. In addition, the company operates a Whistleblowing Policy which allows the reporting of any wrongdoing and extends to human rights violations like modern slavery. Any reporting will be fully investigated, and appropriate remedial actions taken.
As part of our terms of business with suppliers, they must demonstrate they are using ethical manufacturing processes to ensure alignment to local laws, standards set out by the International Labour Organisation and our internal policies and standards, which include:
- Clear obligations to comply and implement controls to prevent modern slavery.
- Ensuring all employment shall be voluntary.
- Provision of an employment contract confirming the employee’s right to leave work and the ability to terminate employment upon expiry of reasonable notice.
Over the next 12 months we will:
- Review our current supplier relationships and consider additional reporting and monitoring measures.
- Review modern slavery assessments within our supply chain to increase oversight and detect risk of modern slavery and where necessary, increase the scope of audits to higher risk suppliers.
- Continue training with our teams to raise awareness of the risk of slavery.
Assessment Of Effectiveness
NCF Living recognises that its commitment to tackling modern slavery is a continual journey and we will continue to assess the effectiveness of our approach through our established risk framework. We will continue to improve communication on this topic with our supply chain as by working together, not only with our suppliers but also with other companies, we will be far more effective in meeting our common goal of eradicating modern slavery.
Wanna pay with Klarna?
You've now got two options: you can pay now, or you can spread the cost of your orders over three payments with Pay Later in 3 with Klarna. Check out the details below.
Pay Later with Klarna
This option gives you up to 30 days to pay once your new stuff has been shipped. No fees, no interest, ever.
Pay Later in 3 with Klarna
Shop now and pay for your new stuff in 3 easy (and free!) instalments, taken monthly. No interest fees or late-payment charges – ever.
Remember to spend responsibly – sometimes splitting up payments might not always be the best option (just saying). Take a look at our FAQs for more information.
Klarna's Pay in 3 instalments credit agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Missed payments may affect your ability to use Klarna in the future. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. T&Cs apply. Check out Klarna's T&C's HERE.